A session with a skilled psychic medium can be a truly transformative experience. It can comfort those grieving the loss of a loved one and remind us that our loved ones in spirit are always with us.
Psychic mediums make connections with and deliver messages from people who are no longer living to those who still are. They act as a bridge between the spiritual and the physical world, with the intention of healing both worlds. While anyone can call themselves a medium, skilled psychic mediums exhibit the following characteristic.
- Builds strong evidence. A talented Medium will build a description of the spirit trying to connect with the client or sitter. The Medium may start with the physical characteristic of the spirit, such as hair color/texture, body type/build, eye color, ethnic background, general age, and how the person passed. Skilled Mediums will give you a sense of the person's personality and how they are related (grandmother, father, sister, best friend, etc. ) or connected to you.
- They don’t ask leading questions. Recently there was a television show where a Medium stood in front of an audience of about 100 people and asked “Does anyone here know someone named Steve?” Chances are we ALL know someone named Steve. That’s fishing and is not necessarily connecting to the spirit realm. A good Medium will TELL you what they are getting, not ask you. The Medium may ask “Does this make sense to you?” but they won’t ask you for detailed information at least not until AFTER the reading is done.
- Are Confident. A good Medium trusts their abilities and is confident in their message work. It’s not at all unusual for a sitter to get a message from a spirit that they don’t understand or “can’t take”. A good Medium trusts what they are getting and might ask the sitter to check with friends or family if a message doesn’t seem to fit them. Our loved ones WANT to communicate with us here on earth and will sometimes go to the closest person to get that message out. So for example, it’s possible a message from spirit might not be for you but for your sister. If a message during a mediumship session doesn’t make immediate sense, write it down and ask your friends and family. Chances are good that someone close to you will be able to validate the information.
- Are Respectful. We have all seen the ghost hunting shows where a team of paranormal investigators go into a home or building and demand that the spirits SHOW THEMSELVES!!! It is important to remember that spirits are just people who have passed over. Can you imagine someone walking into your house uninvited and rudely yelling for your sweet grandmother to show herself? A good Medium will never demand that any spirit show up nor will they promise that a specific spirit will appear. Mediums don’t have that kind of control. Spirit decides who the sitter will hear from not the Medium. It is certainly disappointing for a sitter when they want to connect with a specific loved one, such as their recently deceased Mother, only to have a distant friend from high school show up instead. A good Medium understands that spirit knows best what messages are needed for the sitter and from whom.
- Are Honest. We all have our off days. Mediums are still just people. Sometimes they just don’t connect. When that happens, a good Medium will be honest and tell you so.
Looking to Book a Session with a Skilled Medium?
Here are a couple of Home Growing Girl's favorites: