Five Herbs for Protection
Protection is one of our most basic needs and concerns. With all that we are facing these days, it just makes sense to use whatever means we can to create a protective bubble around ourselves, our possessions and home. Protection herbs are used to help the bearer guard against physical and psychic attacks, injury, accidents and negative energy.
It is Important to note that protective herbs are preventative and won’t be much use for something that has already happened. They also don’t guarantee that you can walk through life untouched by everyday irritants but carrying protective herbs can certainly help screen out potentially harmful situations. Carrying protective herbs can also increase the effectiveness of your own bodies natural defenses.
There are many herbs that can be used for protection. Here are five you should consider:
- Witch Hazel - long used to fashion divining rods, hence the common name witch hazel. The bark and twigs are also used to protect against negative influences. It can also be carried to help mend a broken heart and cool passions. Powers: Protection and Chastity
- Cedar - cedar smoke is purifying and can be used to prevent bad dreams. A cedar stick carved into three prongs and placed in the ground near your house with the prongs up protects it against all negativity. Powers: Protection, Healing, Purification and Money
- Cinnamon - when burned, cinnamon produces protective vibrations. You can also use it in sachets to create a powerful protective barrier around yourself. Powers: Protection, Healing, Power, Success and Love
- Blueberry - put blueberries under your doormat to keep undesirable people away from your home. Blueberry is also useful in protecting against negative spiritual energy. Eating blueberry pies or tarts can protect your from psychic attack as having the protection inside you increases the herb’s effectiveness. Powers: Protection
- Birch - a purifying and cleansing herb, birch can be used to get rid of negative energy. Birch trees are good for protection from the evil eye and lightning strikes. Witch brooms are made from birch twigs and cradles manufactured from birch wood provide protection to babies. Powers: Protection, Purification and Eliminating Negative Energy